Terms and conditions
You can visit pet carriage fee calculator page to find detailed information about pet transportation fees.
Pet carriage sales rules
- Cats, dogs and small singing birds (budgies and canaries) are allowed to be transported in the cabin with the passenger.
- Only ticketed passengers can purchase pet carriage services.
- At the check-in desk, passengers will be required to verify the information they provided via online channels when the pet carriage was purchased. If discrepancies are detected, the pet may not be permitted to fly.
- For pets to be carried in the cabin with the passenger, the total weight of the animal with the crate should not exceed 8 kg, and the dimensions of the crate should not exceed 23 cm in height, 30 cm in width, and 40 cm in length.
- For pets to be carried in the aircraft hold, the weight of the animal with the crate should not exceed 50 kg and the dimensions of the crate should not exceed 75 cm height, 75 cm width and 125 cm length.
- The passenger should provide the suitable crate to carry the pet.
- In the cabin, two animals of the same species (two dogs, two cats or two birds) that are used to being together, may be transported in the same crate. It is possible to carry two birds, two cats or two dogs familiar with each other in the same crate, provided that the maximum weight limit of 8 kg is not exceeded.
- Pets should be transported in crates or bags with hard surfaces or special soft surfaces. Three sides of the crates and bags must feature perforations/holes with a diameter of 2.5 cm so that the animal can breathe easily. Make sure that the cages are made of waterproof material, are as large as to help your pet travel comfortably and watertight. The lids/zippers of live animal cages must be kept closed throughout the flight and the cage/crate must be placed underneath the seat in front of the passenger.
- If the weight and cage dimensions exceed the dimensions specified, we transport your pet in the aircraft hold. To ensure that your pets travel safely in the aircraft hold, the cage you will use must be hard-cased. We do not accept soft-case cage/bag in the aircraft hold.
- If the cage dimensions exceed 75 cm in height, 75 cm in width and 125 cm in length, we transport your pet through Turkish Cargo.
- To transport your pets on Turkish Airlines flights, pet carriage can be purchased via the online channels (mobile application and web site) up to 6 hours before the flight departure time.
- Passengers who purchased tickets via the online channels (mobile application and web site) can only travel in standard window seats.
- Seat selection will be provided free of charge at the payment stage for our passengers who have purchased pet carriage. If passengers want to purchase pet transport through the manage booking page or traveling with pets page after purchasing the seat for a fee, the seat fee cannot be refunded.
- Passengers who have purchased a seat that is not suitable for carrying pets cannot purchase pet carriage service through online channels (mobile application and web site). These passengers should contact our sales office and call center to perform the transaction.
- Passengers can purchase pet carriage service through manage booking page up the 24 hours before their flight.
- Passengers who will travel with pets should arrive at the airport early, keeping in mind the wait time before check-in.
- Pets cannot be transported on Turkish Airlines flights that have final destinations in the UK, including connecting flights.
- For AnadoluJet flights with connecting Turkish Airlines flights, the Turkish Airlines rules and conditions on the right to carry pets are valid.
- The AnadoluJet pet carriage rules apply for travel on all flights operated entirely by AnadoluJet.
- For flights operated by multiple airlines other than AnadoluJet, passengers cannot purchase pet carriage rights via the online channels (mobile application and web site). Please contact our sales offices for information on fees, rules and conditions specified for these flights.
- Unaccompanied minor passengers cannot purchase pet carriage via the online channels (mobile application and web site).
- Infant passengers cannot purchase pet carriage rights via the online channels (mobile application and web site).
- You must present health/vaccination and identification certificates required for cats and dogs. If traveling with a bird, you must present the bird’s flight certificate.
- It is important to note that the rabies vaccines listed on the vaccination card must have been given at least 30 days and no more than one (1) year prior to the flight date.
- Please note that in accordance with the instructions of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, a health certificate for the pet from your veterinarian must be obtained before traveling abroad from Türkiye. Otherwise, the pet will not be accepted on the flight.
- Automatic drinkers for pets must be present in crates carrying pets that will be transported in the aircraft hold for wait times of at least four hours and/or flights lasting at least eight hours. We would like to strongly remind you to keep food in the crate (in a container that is refilled as it empties or does not spill) in case the pet needs it.
- A maximum of two pet cages are accepted on board for each passenger (except for transportation via Turkish Cargo). It should be noted that only one crate is allowed to be transported in the cabin, the other crate will be transported in the aircraft hold, or both will be transported in the aircraft hold.
- Exceptionally, we accept only 1 crate per passenger (maximum 2 same species/ in the same crate) on flights to the USA from Moldova and Ukraine
- Budgies and canaries can be transported in the cabin. Parrots and pigeons (With the exception of those on CITES List-1) must be transported in the aircraft hold. Except for budgies and canaries, we cannot accept other small bird species into the cabin and we transport them through Turkish Cargo.
- In cases of a passenger with a health report stating a cat, dog or bird allergy, the pet reservation is made in accordance with specific conditions. Please visit our traveling with pets page for detailed and up-to-date information.
- We cannot transport puppies or kittens under 10 weeks of age or which are still nursing, or mother dogs or cats which are still nursing. Puppies or kittens between 10 to 12 weeks of age may be transported upon approval from a veterinarian.
- As of October 1, 2021, restrictions have been imposed on the transportation in the aircraft hold of cat and dog species with respiratory problems. For detailed information, please review the heading of “Pets permitted to be carried within the flight cabin” and “Transporting pets in the aircraft hold”.
- In accordance with the decision of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, any dog (PETC, AVIH/AVI, SVAN) travelling from or having been in a country considered high risk within the last 6 months as of 14 July 2021 is temporarily restricted from entering the States due to the possibility of rabies. For more information, please review the heading of “Pets with special conditions”.
- Cats with respiratory problems (Birman, Exotic, Persian, Himalayan, and Burmese, Scottish Fold, British Shorthair etc.) and dogs (Affenpinscher, Pekinese, Pug (all breeds), Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Japanese Chin, Lhasa Apso, Tibetan Spaniel, Chow Chow, English Toy Spaniel, English Bulldog, French Bulldog, Boston Terrier, Boxer, Brussels Griffon, Bull Mastiff (English Mastiff), etc.) are carried in the cabin together with the passenger (PETC) provided that the weight of the animal with the crate does not exceed 8 kg and the measure of the crate does not exceed 23 cm height, 30 cm width and 40 cm length.
- We cannot transport the dangerous dog breeds American Bulldog, Bandog Tosa Inu, Caucasian Ovcharka, Dogue de Bordeaux, Doberman (Pincher Doberman and all Doberman breeds), Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Mastiff (except Bull Mastiff), Wolf Dog Mixed-Breeds, Anatolian Shepherd, Boerboel breeds and crossbreeds in the cabin. They are transported int he aircraft hold only if accepted by Turkish Cargo.
- Due to international aviation rules, unfortunately we cannot admit some kinds of pets to flights. We cannot transport dog breeds of such as Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Pitbull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro and American Bully breeds and crossbreeds.
- Animals which are indigenous to Türkiye and under protection, such as the Sivas Kangal, Angora cats and Van cats, may be transported on flights from/to Türkiye on the condition that permission has been granted by the relevant directorates of the R.T. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. The permission must be submitted at the counter before the flight.
- Psychiatric Service Dogs (PSD) are permitted only on flights departing/arriving in İstanbul or arriving/departing airports in the United States. For connecting flights before and after these routes, the dog is accepted according to rules for traveling with pets, provided that travel is accompanied by a PSD. Passengers traveling with a PSD (Psychiatric Service Dog) departing/arriving in the United States are required to pay pet transportation fees for the connecting flights at the first point of departure. PSD/SVAN (service dogs) reservations cannot be made through the online channels (mobile application and web site). Please review the service animals section.
- Pregnant animals are not permitted on Turkish Airlines flights.
- The pet must have a chip. The chip information should match the information in the system.
- The crates of pets traveling in the flight cabin must be large enough so that the pet can easily stand, sit, turn and lie down.
- Up to three animals (cat/dog) born from the same mother, aged 10-24 weeks, can be transported in the same crate in the aircraft hold. Animals of the same breed, which are close to each other and are accustomed to living together, with a maximum weight of 14 kg each, can be transported in a single crate. If the weight of pets is greater than 14 kg, they can be carried alone in the crate.
- Please ensure that pets are clean, odorless and relaxed. Pets that are in poor health and appearance are not accepted for transportation.
- Our partnership is not responsible for the pet's health during and after the flight.
- We would like to point out that if the conditions of the country to be traveled are not met, the crate characteristics or pet weight limits are not suitable, the pet is not included in the allowed breeds to be transported, and conditions such as a chip or vaccination card are not met, the animal cannot be accepted to the flight. You can visit our page for detailed and up-to-date information.
Change and refund for pet carriage
- Pet carriage service cannot be transferred to accompanying passengers or to other flights.
- If a passenger’s flight is changed/refunded, corresponding pet carriage fees are automatically refunded. Passengers may purchase pet carriage service for their new flight depending on eligibility and availability.
- In cases such as flight cancellations or changes over which the passenger has no control, the pet carriage fee is automatically refunded.
- If the pet cannot be transported due to safety, security and/or operational disruptions, Turkish Airlines will strive to provide the best alternative options for the passenger.
General pet carriage rules
For pet fees applicable for regions operated with KG application, please click here.
For pet fees applicable for regions operated with the piece baggage application, please click here.
For information while pet is being transported using Anadolujet flights, please click here.
Please click here for more information on general requirements for traveling with a pet.