To enjoy your flight you should be feeling relaxed and sure that you haven't forgotten anything. Once you've checked off everything on the list below, you can get on with enjoying your journey.
- Plan your journey to the airport well to make sure you don't miss your flight. Be sure to be at the airport at least two hours before take-off. If your airport is in a highly populated area or is likely to be busy because of the time of year, try to be at the airport three hours before your scheduled departure time.
- Check that you have all the documents you need to fly with you. Keep your flight tickets, ID, passport and any other important documents in an easily accessible place.
- Make going through security and the x-ray machine as easy as possible. Be sure you're not wearing a belt, jewelry or watches, and don't have money, keyrings or any other metal items in your pockets.
- Make sure you read our limits page before traveling. Know which items you can't carry in your cabin baggage and be aware of limitations on liquids.
- Plan what you're going to wear while traveling. Be sure you’ve packed everything you need for your trip.
- Choose comfortable, cotton clothes which won't make you sweat.
- Avoid wearing tight socks and uncomfortable shoes.
- Take a look at the weather forecast for your destination and take suitable clothing with you.
- Keep yourself entertained in the air with a tablet, e-reader or laptop. Be sure to upload plenty of films, books, music or games onto these devices before flying. You can also use the in-flight entertainment system to watch films and TV shows, play games and listen to music. Remember that you cannot carry devices larger than a smartphone in cabin on USA and UK flights.
- Make sure you protect your eyes when flying. Wear sunglasses on daytime flights to protect your eyes from UV light. You can also use UV-protective cream to help sooth your eyes. Lower your window blind to avoid the sunlight.
- If you're planning to sleep on your long-haul flight, it's a good idea to carry a pillow or inflatable pillow with you. We also provide pillows on our flights. You can use a sleep mask to block out light inside the cabin.
- The air inside the aircraft cabin can be very dry, so your skin and eyes may become sensitive while flying. While moisture levels at sea level are between 60% and 70%, they can be as low as 20% on an aircraft. Use a moisturizing cream to relieve stress on your skin.
- Sitting for long periods while flying can cause your feet to swell. Wearing socks which promote circulation will help reduce swelling and prevent blood clots from forming. Apart from this, be sure that you get up and take a walk around the cabin at least once every three hours. You can also perform exercises while in your seat.
- Suck on a hard candy or chew gum to help balance the pressure in your inner ear resulting from changes in external pressure during take-off and landing.
- Try not to consume alcohol before or during your flight.
- If you suffer from fear of flying, you can take part in the Beat Fear of Flying Program created by Turkish Airlines Aviation Experts.
Things to carry with you when flying
1. Toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash
3. Lip balm
4. Nasal spray
5. Eye drops
6. Hand sanitizer
7. Non-prescription medication
8. A bottle of water
9. Gum or hard candy
10. Protein snacks
1. Travel pillow
3. Sleep mask
5. Noise-canceling earphones
We provide pillows and blankets on Business Class flights, as well as a travel kit which contains a sleep mask, earplugs, lip balm, socks and other items you might need while traveling.
1. Music-playback devices
2. Book or e-reader
5. Laptop or tablet
Our in-flight entertainment system offers films, TV shows, music and games.