Last update 21.04.2021
The Council of Ministers of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus issued directives regarding passenger entry. Please review the notes below for a safe and healthy travel.
- All countries evaluated in three categories are combined in one category. Passengers arriving from abroad are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 3 days prior to their flight, are required to submit the negative PCR test result to the officer of the Ministry of Health, are subject to 10-day quarantine and at the end of the quarantine period, they will undergo a PCR test. Passengers failing to submit negative test result are not allowed to enter.
- Passengers who have visited United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Brazil, Africa ( Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botsuana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda , Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Sahara, Somaliland, Canary Islands, Cauta, French Southern and Antarctic Islands, Maderia, Mayette, Melilla, Soberanya, Réunion, Pelagie Islands, Sokatra, Saint Helena Ascension and Tristan da Cunha) in the last 14 days are subject to a 14-day quarantine.
- In order to enter our country with charter flights, passengers are required to have taken a PCR test with a negative result within 72 hours prior to their flight, are required to submit the QR-coded negative PCR test result document.
- Quarantine for officials and people who have been to abroad for health purposes will be reviewed when they apply to the Ministry of Health.
- Travel agencies are required to check the HES code of the person before selling a ticket. If the HES code shows the person as 1st contact and/or COVID-19 positive, no flight ticket should be sold. If the 2nd PCR test result of the passenger performed at the entry is positive and the HES code shows the person as 1st contact and/or COVID-19 positive, companies performing the sales will be subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
- Children between 0-5 years of age (including 5) are not required to submit PCR test results.
- PCR tests should be in Turkish or English.
- The date of sample collection for the PCR should be taken into consideration when calculating the 3-day period before the scheduled departure date. There is no need to specifically calculate the hours.
- The PCR test results older than 4 days or more before the date of travel are not considered valid for entry into the country. Passengers submitting these tests are not allowed to enter. The start date of travel for travels with connecting flights is the date of the first scheduled flight.
- Negative PCR test result documents of passengers arriving to TRNC from Turkey should have a QR code.
- All test and quarantine fees, whether they are TRNC citizens or not, are paid by the passengers. To enter to TRNC, passengers are first required to transfer the amount to one of the bank accounts specified below and are allowed to fly upon submitting the receipt. Airline companies will not permit passengers on-board if they fail to present a receipt.
- Quarantine and PCR test fees for passengers below are paid by TRNC.
- Army officers who have reappointed their mission in TRNC
- Students studying in TRNC or who will enroll to a school in TRNC
- TRNC national students who study abroad
- Individuals who receive social help and disability allowance
- Patients who have been dispatched by the decision of the health board and the accompanying person (Provided that they submit a document showing they are exempt from the TRNC Ministry of Health’s quarantine fees)
- Officials who come to our country from Turkey for official mission
- Those officials who go abroad for official mission
- Turkish Armed Forces staff working in TRNC (families of the army staff are not exempt)
- NHS test results of passengers arriving from UK will be admitted at the entry. If the passenger was unable to print the test result, the text message sent by NHS will be accepted. All COVID-19 tests conducted by the universities in UK where the students who are TRNC citizens are studying in are valid. This application is valid only for UK.
- PCR test results obtained in the last 3 days from TRNC are valid for TRNC citizens who came to Turkey for a short visit on their return to TRNC. These passengers are subject to a 10-day quarantine.
- Quarantine fees should be transferred to the bank accounts or IBANs written below
Account holder: TRNC Ministry of Finance
Address of the Account Holder: TRNC Ministry of Finance, Nicosia, TRNC
Bank Address: Şht. Mustafa Ahmet Ruso Sokak no: 11 Küçük Kaymaklı, Nicosia, TRNC
Name of the Bank: T.R. Ziraat Bank
Account No: 40298710-5001
Account No: 40300032-5001
Account No: 40298710-5002
Account No: 40298710-5004
- 10-day quarantine fee: 3050 TRY for one person
- 1400 TRY per person (over 5 years of age) for the others if several people stay in the same room.
- 14-day quarantine fee: 4100 TRY for one person
- 1800 TRY per person (over 5 years of age) for the others if several people stay in the same room.
Ministry of Health home quarantine application with special permission and rules to be observed
- Electronic wristbands are applied within the framework of the rules determined by the authorities for passengers arriving with special permission of the Ministry of Health. In these cases, passengers may spend their quarantine periods at home or in locations approved by the authorities, provided that they use the electronic wristband application.
- The electronic wristband is used with the mobile app and cannot be used without a smartphone. Passengers are required to download the Stay Safe app via the App Store or Google Play before boarding, enter the requested documents and information into the mobile app, and show the resulting QR code on the smartphone to the officers.
- Please visit the Quarantine page of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus for detailed information about this process and to access the mobile application.
Non-compliance with the specified conditions are subject to criminal proceedings initiated within the scope of the relevant articles of the Criminal Code and the Communicable Diseases Law.
You can visit the Ministry of Health News page to get updated information about Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus travel restrictions.