SEAT SELECTON DETAILS
Our seats are designed for maximum comfort; Choose a seat before your flight to enhance your flight experience. Read and review all our information regarding seat selection before your flight to ensure a smooth journey.,
Seat selection and seat purchase
- On Turkish Airlines international Economy Class flights, standard seat selection is free of charge from 100 days before the flight until check-in; Emergency exit seat selection can be made for a fee 355 days before the flight until 48 hours before departure. All seats can be selected free of charge within the last 48 hours of boarding, but passengers who have not previously purchased an emergency exit seat will not be able to check in their emergency exit seats during this process.
- On Turkish Airlines international and domestic flights, for passengers who have not purchased a seat for the domestic segment until 24 hours before the flight, a seat is randomly assigned during the check-in process.
- On Turkish Airlines domestic flights, standard seats in the Economy Class cabin for ExtraFly and PremiumFly package selections are available free of charge until 1.5 hours left to flight, and standard seats in the EcoFly package selections are available at a fee until 6 hours before flight. Extra legroom seats and emergency exit seats are available for all packages with a fee until 6 hours until the flight. For passengers who have purchased an EcoFly package flight and have not purchased a seat until there are 6 hours remaining, a random seat assignment is made during the check-in process. On Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet domestic flights, Premium Fly and Extra Fly package seat selection is free of charge with web and mobile transactions. There is paid standard seat selection for the EcoFly package.
- For Turkish Airlines domestic flights, our Miles & Smiles “Elite” and “Elite Plus” members can choose standard seats free of charge for all packages within the respective time periods. This application does not apply to award tickets and AnadoluJet flights.
- On AnadoluJet flights, ExtraFly (EkstraJet) and PremiumFly (KonforJet) package standard seat selection is available free of charge 1.5 hours before flight via Turkish Airlines online channels and EcoFly (Standard) package seat selection is available with a fee until 6 hours before the flight. Extra legroom seats and emergency exit seats are available for all packages with a fee until 6 hours before the flight. For passengers who have purchased an EcoFly (Standard) package flight and have not purchased a seat for up to 6 hours, a random seat assignment is made during the check-in process.
- On Turkish Airlines international and domestic flights, the Business Class seat selection is free of charge until the check-in duration is finished.
- Paid seat selection is only available to passengers holding tickets. Free seat selection can also be made for flights with a reservation.
- Sick and mobility-impaired passengers can choose aisle or windowside seats so as not to block the in-cabin emergency exit on all flights.Paid seat selection is only valid for group passengers (reservations with more than 9 passengers) where reservations have been made directly with the Turkish Airlines Reservations System.
- This practice is not applicable on codeshare (partner) flights operated by other airlines.
- can help open the emergency exit door in the event of an unexpected evacuation. Turkish or English written or oral instructions given may be used to select an emergency exit seat. For this reason, passengers who are 18 years old, well-built and healthy, and who can understand Turkish or English instructions may choose an emergency exit seat.
- Passengers wishing to sit in an emergency exit seat must confirm they are eligible when requested.
- Passengers travelling with an infant, pet, guide or emotional dog, passengers with partial or complete mobility restrictions and overweight passengers demanding a second seat belt are not able to travel in the emergency exit seat.
- On all flights, unwell passengers and passengers with limited mobility can select aisle or window seats, on condition they do not prevent cabin emergency exit.
- For technical and operational reasons paid/unpaid seat selection is not available on some flights.
- Due to safety, security and operational reasons, seat selection cannot be guaranteed. In such cases, Turkish Airlines will provide the most suitable alternative.
- If the purchased seat is changed because of Turkish Airlines systems or for operational reasons, the seat fee may be refunded. However, it is not possible to reimburse any fee, including the ticket fare, due to this change.
- Passengers which purchase seat selection may only use this on the flight for which they purchased it an on their own behalf. Selection may not be transferred to another flight or passenger.
- It is possible to change free seats within a ceratin duration of time, but it is not possible to change paid seats.
Seat selection cancellation and refund processes
- Selected seats are also cancelled if changes are made to any of the flights or if there are any flight cancellations. The seat fee will not be refunded for changes and cancellations made on the request of the passenger.
- Refunds cannot be processed for passengers who have canceled a chargeable seat. If a passenger changes their seat for a more expensive one, they will be required to pay the new fee. If a passenger changes their seat for a less expensive seat, no refund will be processed. If a passenger is assigned an alternative seat after boarding due to operational reasons, they may apply for a refund. Turkish Airlines holds sole discretion when deciding if a passenger meets the requirements to sit in an emergency exit seat. Passengers not meeting the requirements will be offered another seat. Additional fees paid for emergency exit seats cannot be refunded. Passengers who purchase seat selection and then upgrade to Business Class cannot have thier seat selection fee refunded.
- Applications for refunds must be made with 1 year of the flight.
Selected and pail seat check-in processes
- Online and mobile check-in for Turkish Airlines international and domestic flights starts 24 hours before the flight. You can visit our check-in page for the check-in process for the seats you have chosen or purchased.
- Online and mobile check-in operations on Turkish Airlines International and domestic flights begin 24 hours before the flight. You can visit our check in page to check in for any transactions you have purchased for you selected or paid seat.
|Route ||Flight class ||Seat type ||Fees ||Selection period |
|All flights ||Business ||All seats ||Free ||355 days before flight |
|Domestic flights ||Economy ||Standard ||35.00 TRY ||355 days before flight |
|Domestic flights ||Economy ||Seats with more leg room ||50.00 TRY ||355 days before flight |
|International flights ||Economy ||Standard ||Free ||100 days before flight |
|International flights ||Economy ||Seats with more leg room ||19.00 USD - 109.00 USD ||355 days before flight |
|AnadoluJet flights ||Economy ||All seats ||15.00 TRY - 40.00 TRY ||355 days before flight |