Information Regarding the On-board Use of Electronic Devices on our U.S. and U.K. bound flights:
Turkish Airlines introduces its new offerings to make their U.S. and U.K. bound passengers’ journeys more comfortable during the implementation process of the electronics ban that declared by the concerned authorities
- Our passengers will continue to use the on board internet with their mobile phones.
- Laptops, tablets and other electronic devices may be used until the boarding gate where they will be handed over.
- Our transfer passengers will have to deliver their respective devices at the boarding gate on their arrival in Istanbul.
- If passenger prefers not to place his/her electronical devices to the checked baggage during the check-in, according to the amendments, these devices will be handed over to be tagged at the boarding gate for a safe and secure transportation, and will be handed back to the passengers upon arrival at the destination. At this destination there will be Turkish Airlines’ authorized staff who will collect the luggages that contain electronic devices. These staff will take them all to the designated place in baggage reclaim area, and all devices will be delivered to owners by these staff by matching the given luggage tags with the record list they have.
- Passengers of UK bound flights from Turkey and beyond can carry separate/spare lithium batteries and power banks (portable power sources) smaller than 16x9,3x1,5 cm on board. These devices if bigger than this size are not permitted on board. In addition to this, these devices are strictly not permitted to be transported in the baggage hold area of the aircraft no matter what its size/ dimension has.
Why do we do that?
As per the directive issued by the relevant authorities in their respective countries, which will be effective as from 25th of March 2017, passengers of U.S. and U.K. bound flights from/through Istanbul Ataturk Airport are not permitted to carry electronic devices, with the exception of medical devices, larger than a cell phone or smart phone on board. All laptops, tablets, cameras*, e-readers and gaming devices must be placed in checked-in baggage at the start of any U.S.-bound or U.K.-bound journey. Turkish Airlines offers a special service from Istanbul Atatürk Airport that gives its passengers a safe and secure method of carrying their electronics in a special area in the cargo hold of the aircraft.
Transit passengers may hand over their electronic devices at the boarding gate.
The ban does not affect flights leaving from the U.S. or U.K. for Turkey and beyond.
*Bringing aboard cameras is not restricted for U.K. bound flights.
As being the Europe’s Best Airline for the last six years;
- Our award-winning catering,
- In-flight Wi-Fi availability,
- Nearly 400 movies, Universal My Music Planet offerings of 1500 music albums with over 20,000 tracks,
- Over 750 TV series, documentaries, short programs, live TV and sports broadcasting,
are sure to make your flight experience enjoyable.