Seat selection details
Our seats are designed for maximum comfort; Choose a seat before your flight to enhance your flight experience. Read and review all our information regarding seat selection before your flight to ensure a smooth journey.
Seat selection and seat purchase
- On Turkish Airlines international Economy Class flights, standard seat, extra legroom seat, emergency exit seat selection can be made for a fee 355 days before the flight until up to 26 hours before departure. All remaining seats can be selected free of charge during online check-in, but passengers who have not previously purchased an emergency exit seat will not be able to check-in to emergency exit seats during this process.
- On Turkish Airlines international and domestic flights, for passengers who have not purchased a seat for the domestic segment until up to 24 hours before the flight, a seat is randomly assigned during the check-in process.
- On Turkish Airlines domestic flights, standard seats in the Economy Class cabin for ExtraFly and PremiumFly package selections are available free of charge until 1.5 hours left to flight, and standard seats in the EcoFly package selections are available at a fee until up to 6 hours before flight. Extra legroom seats and emergency exit seats are available for all packages with a fee until 6 hours until the flight. For passengers who have purchased an EcoFly package flight and have not purchased a seat until there are 6 hours remaining, a random seat assignment is made during the check-in process.
- For Turkish Airlines domestic flights, our Miles & Smiles “Elite” and “Elite Plus” members, corporate members and sailors can choose standard seats free of charge for all packages within the respective time periods. This application does not apply to award tickets and AnadoluJet flights.
- For Turkish Airlines international flights, our Miles&Smiles “Elite” and “Elite Plus” members, corporate members and sailors can choose standard seats free of charge for all packages within the respective time periods.
- On AnadoluJet domestic and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus flights, ExtraFly (ExtraJet) and PremiumFly (ComfortJet) package standard seat selection is available free of charge until up to 90 minutes before flight via Turkish Airlines online channels and EcoFly (Standard) package seat selection is available with a fee until up to 6 hours before the flight. Extra legroom seats and emergency exit seats are available for all packages with a fee until up to 6 hours before the flight. For passengers who have purchased an EcoFly (Standard) package flight and have not purchased a seat for up to 6 hours, a random seat assignment is made during the check-in process.
- For AnadoluJet international (except Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) flights, seats can be selected up to 26 hours before the flight.
- On Turkish Airlines international and domestic flights, the Business Class seat selection is free of charge until the check-in duration is finished.
- Paid seat selection is only available to passengers holding tickets. Free seat selection can also be made for flights with a reservation.
- Sick and mobility-impaired passengers can choose aisle or windowside seats so as not to block the in-cabin emergency exit on all flights.Paid seat selection is only valid for group passengers (reservations with more than 9 passengers) where reservations have been made directly with the Turkish Airlines Reservations System.
- This practice is not applicable on codeshare (partner) flights operated by other airlines.
- Only passengers that are able to help in the event of an unexpected evacuation, are allowed to sit in the emergency exit seats. Said passengers must be over 18, proficient in Turkish or English and able to understand any written or oral instructions given in either language, as well as able-bodied and in good health.
- Passengers wishing to sit in an emergency exit seat must confirm they are eligible when requested.
- The emergency exit seat is not suitable for passengers with infants, passengers with restricted movement, or passengers whose size necessitates a second seat belt.
- Extra-legroom seats and emergency exit seats are not suitable for passengers traveling with a pet, a guide dog or an emotional support dog.
- As cabin crew are required to ensure that passengers who are seated in the emergency exit row comply with Emergency Exit Seating Requirements, seat changes for passengers who do not meet the requirements can be made by them.
- For technical and operational reasons paid/unpaid seat selection is not available on some flights.
Extra Seat processes
Please visit the Extra Seat terms and conditions page for details.
- Due to safety, security and operational reasons, seat selection cannot be guaranteed. In such cases, Turkish Airlines will provide the most suitable alternative.
- If the purchased seat is changed because of Turkish Airlines systems or for operational reasons, the seat fee may be refunded. However, it is not possible to reimburse any fee, including the ticket fare, due to this change.
- Passengers which purchase seat selection may only use this on the flight for which they purchased it an on their own behalf. Selection may not be transferred to another flight or passenger.
- It is possible to change free seats within a ceratin duration of time, but it is not possible to change paid seats.
Seat selection cancellation and refund processes
- Selected seats are also cancelled if changes are made to any of the flights by the Turkish Airlines or if there are any flight cancellations.For seat selection refund, the call center and sales offices can be contacted for information and performing the transaction. The seat fee will not be refunded for changes and cancellations made on the request of the passenger.
- Refunds cannot be processed for passengers who have canceled a chargeable seat. If a passenger changes their seat for a more expensive one, they will be required to pay the new fee. If a passenger changes their seat for a less expensive seat, no refund will be processed. If a passenger is assigned an alternative seat after boarding due to operational reasons, they may apply for a refund. Turkish Airlines holds sole discretion when deciding if a passenger meets the requirements to sit in an emergency exit seat. Passengers not meeting the requirements will be offered another seat. Additional fees paid for emergency exit seats cannot be refunded. Passengers who purchase seat selection and then upgrade to Business Class cannot have thier seat selection fee refunded.
- If a passenger is assigned an alternative seat after boarding due to operational reasons, they may apply for a refund.
- Applications for refunds must be made with 1 year of the flight.
Selected and paid seat check-in processes
- Online and mobile check-in for Turkish Airlines international and domestic flights starts 24 hours before the flight. You can visit our check-in page for the check-in process for the seats you have selected or purchased.
|Route ||Flight class ||Seat type ||Fees ||Selection period |
|All flights ||Business Class ||All seats ||Free ||355 days before flight |
|Domestic flights ||Economy Class ||Standard ||35.00 TRY ||355 days before flight |
|Domestic flights ||EconomyClass ||Seats with more leg room ||50.00 TRY ||355 days before flight |
|International flights ||Economy Class ||Standard ||9.00 USD - 39.00 USD ||355 days before the flight |
|International flights ||Economy Class ||Seats with more leg room ||19.00 USD - 109.00 USD ||355 days before flight |
|AnadoluJet domestic and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus flights ||Economy Class ||All seats ||20.00 TRY -50.00 TRY ||355 days - 6 hours before flight |
|AnadoluJet international (Except Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) seats ||Economy Class ||All seats ||6.00 USD - 21.00 USD ||355 days - 26 hours before flight |