Our seats are designed for maximum comfort; Choose a seat before your flight to enhance your flight experience. Read and review all our information regarding seat selection before your flight to ensure a smooth journey.
Seat selection and seat purchase
- On Turkish Airlines domestic and international flights, standard seats in the Economy Class cabin for ExtraFly and PremiumFly package selections are available free of charge 355 days before the flight until up to until 1.5 hours left to flight, and standard seats in the EcoFly package selections are available at a fee until up to 6 hours before flight. Extra legroom seats and emergency exit seats are available for all packages with a fee until 6 hours until the flight. For passengers who have purchased an EcoFly package flight and have not purchased a seat until there are 6 hours remaining, a random seat assignment is made during the check-in process.
- Domestic and international tickets without a package, award tickets and international tickets purchased before May 11, 2022 will be considered as EcoFly package flight tickets for seat selection, purchasing rights and online check-in transactions.
- For Turkish Airlines domestic and international flights, our Miles & Smiles “Elite” and “Elite Plus” members, corporate members and sailors can choose standard seats free of charge for all packages within the respective time periods. This application does not apply to AnadoluJet flights.
- On AnadoluJet domestic and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus flights, ExtraFly (ExtraJet) and PremiumFly (ComfortJet) package standard seat selection is available free of charge until up to 90 minutes before flight via Turkish Airlines online channels and EcoFly (Standard) package seat selection is available with a fee until up to 6 hours before the flight. Extra legroom seats and emergency exit seats are available for all packages with a fee until up to 6 hours before the flight. For passengers who have purchased an EcoFly (Standard) package flight and have not purchased a seat for up to 6 hours, a random seat assignment is made during the check-in process.
- On AnadoluJet international flights (excluding Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus flights), ExtraFly (ExtraJet) and PremiumFly (ComfortJet) package standard seat selection is available free of charge until up to 90 minutes before flight via Turkish Airlines online channels. For passengers who have purchased an EcoFly (EcoJet) package flight and have not purchased a seat, a random seat assignment is made during the check-in process. Extra legroom seats and emergency exit seats are available for ExtraFly (ExtraJet) packages with a fee until up to 6 hours before the flight and for PremiumFly (ComfortJet) packages with a fee until up to 90 minutes before the flight.
- On Turkish Airlines international and domestic flights, the Business Class seat selection is free of charge until the check-in duration is finished.
- Paid seat selection is only available to passengers holding tickets. Free seat selection can also be made for flights with a reservation.
- Sick and mobility-impaired passengers can choose aisle or windowside seats so as not to block the in-cabin emergency exit on all flights.Paid seat selection is only valid for group passengers (reservations with more than 9 passengers) where reservations have been made directly with the Turkish Airlines Reservations System.
- This practice is not applicable on codeshare (partner) flights operated by other airlines.
- Only passengers that are able to help in the event of an unexpected evacuation, are allowed to sit in the emergency exit seats. Said passengers must be over 16 and below 65 years of age, proficient in Turkish or English and able to understand any written or oral instructions given in either language, as well as able-bodied and in good health.
- Passengers wishing to sit in an emergency exit seat must confirm they are eligible when requested.
- The emergency exit seat is not suitable for passengers with infants, passengers with restricted movement, or passengers whose size necessitates a second seat belt.
- Extra-legroom seats and emergency exit seats are not suitable for passengers traveling with a pet, a guide dog or an emotional support dog.
- As cabin crew are required to ensure that passengers who are seated in the emergency exit row comply with Emergency Exit Seating Requirements, seat changes for passengers who do not meet the requirements can be made by them.
- For technical and operational reasons paid/unpaid seat selection is not available on some flights.
Extra Seat processes
Please visit the Extra Seat terms and conditions page for details.
- Due to safety, security and operational reasons, seat selection cannot be guaranteed. In such cases, Turkish Airlines will provide the most suitable alternative.
- If the purchased seat is changed because of Turkish Airlines systems or for operational reasons, the seat fee may be refunded. However, it is not possible to reimburse any fee, including the ticket fare, due to this change.
- Passengers which purchase seat selection may only use this on the flight for which they purchased it an on their own behalf. Selection may not be transferred to another flight or passenger.
- Free seats can be changed from the time of ticketing until the end of the online check-in period.
- Purchased seats can be changed free of charge for the same seat type. For example, if you purchase a standard seat, you can change it for another available standard seat with no additional fees. Relevant changes can be made via the seat tab in the passenger block on the booking management page until the “online check-in process” begins.
Seat selection cancellation and refund processes
- Selected seats are also cancelled if changes are made to any of the flights by the Turkish Airlines or if there are any flight cancellations. Payment is made automatically for seat selection refunds if the payment made is via online POS from the website, mobile application, the call center and sales offices. If seat selection refund is not made automatically, the call center and sales offices can be contacted for information and performing the transaction.
- Refunds cannot be processed for seats if flight change and cancellation is made upon the passenger's request.
- If a passenger is assigned an alternative seat after boarding due to operational reasons, the seat selection is refunded automatically if the purchase is made via online POS. If the payment for seat selection is not made via online POS, the call center and sales offices can be contacted for information and performing the refund transaction.
- Turkish Airlines reserves the right to approve the emergency seat selection of the passenger. If the passenger does not meet the emergency seat criteria, a new seat is assigned and the extra fee paid is not refunded.
- If a passenger who has purchased a seat selection upgrades to Business Class, the seat selection fee is refunded. Payment is made automatically for seat selection refunds if the payment made is via online POS from the website, mobile application, the call center and sales offices. If seat selection refund is not made automatically, the call center and sales offices can be contacted for information and performing the transaction.
- Applications for refunds must be made with 1 year of the flight to the call center or the sales offices.
Selected and paid seat check-in processes
- Online and mobile check-in for Turkish Airlines international and domestic flights starts 24 hours before the flight. You can visit our check-in page for the check-in process for the seats you have selected or purchased.