PressReader | FAQ
What is PressReader? Learn more
PressReader is an easy-to-use mobile app for smartphones or tablets, which provides unlimited access to newspapers and magazines. You can access the app content via a link sent to you in an email before your flight. You can also connect to the Wi-Fi in our private passenger lounges to directly access the content on the PressReader app. You can download all editions of newspapers and magazines to your device before you fly to enjoy reading them while you’re up in the clouds.
Do I have access to the PressReader app? Learn more
All of our passengers have access to the entire PressReader app archive. What’s more, when you connect to the Wi-Fi in one of our private passenger lounges, you’ll also be able to access all PressReader app content.
When does my access end? Learn more
Access to PressReader content starts 24 hours before your flight. You’ll be able to access PressReader content for 24 hours after your flight lands. Passengers visiting our private lounges can connect to the lounge Wi-Fi and access all of the PressReader content while connected.
Can I access the PressReader app during my flight? Learn more
We recommend that you download the content you wish to read before your flight so that you can easily access your saved newspapers and magazines without the need for an Internet connection. If there’s Wi-Fi available on your flight, you can also use it to access PressReader app content.
How do I connect to PressReader? Learn more
There are 3 ways to access PressReader when flying with Turkish Airlines.
- Tap the link in your pre-flight email from PressReader, using the device you’d like to read on. Follow the prompt to download the PressReader app and authorize your access.
- Visit pressreader.turkishairlines.com and enter your booking details within 24 hours of takeoff.
- Download the PressReader app and connect to the Wi-Fi network in a Turkish Airlines Lounge. You’ll automatically get complete access to the PressReader platform.
Can I use PressReader on any device? Learn more
You can get the PressReader app on any mobile device, including smartphones and tablets, and all major operating systems including iOS, Android, Windows, Amazon, BlackBerry, and Mac. PressReader’s web platform is always available on laptops and other computers connected to the Wi-Fi network in Turkish Airlines Lounges.
Which app stores carry PressReader? Learn more
You’ll find PressReader in the App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Amazon, and Blackberry World.
I’ve opened the PressReader app, but the content appears to be locked. How do I unlock the issues I want to read? Learn more
When you first open the PressReader app, you should see a Turkish Airlines welcome message, if not, you may not have connected successfully.
- If you’re trying to connect through the link in your pre-flight email from PressReader and you see padlock icons on a publication, check the coffee cup icon at the bottom right corner of your screen. It should be green. If it isn’t, try tapping the link again. If you’ve activated the free access period, but you still can’t view any issues on PressReader, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re trying to connect through the Turkish Airlines Lounge Wi-Fi and you see padlock icons on a publication, try enabling Hotspots in the app settings: Tap More in the main menu, then Hotspots. Visit the concierge desk if that doesn’t resolve the issue.
How do I download newspapers and magazines to read in flight? Learn more
Once you’ve activated your free access period and you see the Turkish Airlines welcome screen in the PressReader app, you’re ready to start downloading.
When you’re ready, close the welcome screen, then tap on Publications to view the PressReader catalog. Here, you can search for your favorite titles using the search bar and sort the list by category or language. Once you find a publication you’d like to download, click the download symbol.
If you want to see all of the publications you’ve downloaded, just tap Downloaded at the bottom of your screen.
How many issues can I download? Learn more
As many as you’d like.
How long can I keep the issues I download? Learn more
You can keep any issues you download on your smartphone or tablet during your free access period for as long as you’d like.
Can I download complete publications? Learn more
Yes. Full issues of your favorite magazines and newspapers are available on PressReader. You can read them in the original printed layout or in a text view mode designed for easy reading on a mobile device.
Which titles are available on PressReader? Learn more
Thousands of titles are available from all over the world. Use the PressReader app to browse the entire catalog.
Why is the PressReader app asking me to pay for a title I want to download? Learn more
If you are prompted to pay for a title, you might not have connected successfully.
- If you’re trying to connect through the link in your pre-flight email and you see padlock icons on a publication, check the coffee cup icon at the bottom right corner of your screen. It should be green. If it isn’t, try tapping the quicklink again. If you’ve activated the free access period, but you still can’t view any issues on PressReader, send an email to email@example.com.
- If you’re trying to connect through the Turkish Airlines Lounge wi-fi and you see padlock icons on a publication, try enabling Hotspots in the app settings: Tap More in the main menu, then Hotspots. Visit the concierge desk if that doesn’t resolve the issue.
Is PressReader mobile-friendly? Learn more
Yes. You can read most publications on PressReader in the original printed layout or in a text view mode designed for easy reading on a mobile device. In order to use the text view mode, just open any title from the publications list in the PressReader app. Then, select the Text View toggle at the bottom of your screen.
Why isn’t there a text view option for the publication I’m reading? Learn more
Some magazines on PressReader don’t have a text view option. It’s important that your reading experience is the best it can be, and some of those beautiful magazine layouts aren’t designed to be pulled apart. In full page view, you can pinch your fingers to zoom in and drag each page to make reading as easy and as comfortable as possible.
How many languages does PressReader support? Learn more
The PressReader app interface supports English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, Arabic, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish. Content is available in more than 60 languages from around the world. You can also instantly translate some content into up to 18 languages, while you have an active internet connection.
Who can I contact if I have questions about PressReader? Learn more